Saturday, October 6, 2012

airborne

Hey.  Remember me?  I used to blog here... but then my computer was stolen.  By my husband. 

For the past three weeks, Patrick has been at jump school in Georgia.  Due to work reasons, he had to take our laptop with him.  So, that meant I couldn't update you on our incredibly exciting lives!  I know, I know.  You were worried.  But, it's all good.  I'm back now!  Of course the computer absence came at the most exciting time in our lives thus far, Gunnar's first birthday!  More on that later...

For now, some pictures of Patrick's training experience:

Aren't we so cute?!  We missed Dad so much.  Because Patrick got finished so late the night we flew in, Gunnar was sleeping.  And Patrick had to leave for graduation practice so early the next morning, Gunnar was still sleeping.  Before we headed over to the ceremony, we grabbed breakfast at the BOQ and there were all kinds of guys in uniform.  Gunnar got so excited, he tried to run up to all of them.  The first time we saw our hero was when we pinned on his wings.  Little Guns was so excited, he tried to dive out of my arms and into Dad's.  Unfortunately Patrick was in formation and couldn't really hold him.  I put him down, and he ran off as I struggled to get the wings in the right spot.  (Thanks to the guy next to Patrick who I used as a guide).

I would just like to note that this was the first time in the 6 years Patrick has been in that I have been able to pin anything on my marine.  He got commissioned in St. Louis, so I wasn't there for that.  He promoted in Iraq, and then again in Afghanistan, so I (surprisingly) was not present for those either.  I kind of made a big deal out of it, and I was so nervous I dropped the pin backing twice.

Oh well, we all survived, and after a very long trip home (11 hours, arrived at 3:30 am) we can't wait to get back to our routine.  With our one year old.

No comments: