Monday, May 14, 2012

flip this

We recently redid our dining table and chairs.  The inspiration for the change was this:
It's a bench we found that matched the style of our set, only it was darker with black paint.  We had been wanting a bench to add to our seating, so after deciding to take on the project of redoing what we had at home it was a perfect match.
So we started here:
And sanded and painted:

And ended up with this:



Plus our gorgeous center piece... a gorgeous lapis lazuli bowl straight from Afghanistan:


Pretty nice, if I do say so myself!  Patrick did the table pretty much single handedly, with the exception of my handy sand work on the table legs.  And I did all the sanding and staining of the chairs, while Pat painted them.  Let me tell you... all those posts were a pain in the butt!  In the end though, it was worth it.  We love the refreshed look in our dining room!

No comments: